Department of Plant Science
Research assistantships and/or hourly work are provided by individual faculty possessing research grants in specific areas—students are encouraged to contact Ph.D. faculty working in their area of interest http://www.fresnostate.edu/jcast/plantsci/faculty-staff/
Smaller scholarships are also available from our Division of Research and Graduate Studies (DRGS). These include the:
- President’s Graduate Scholars Fellowship
- Graduate Equity Fellowship
- Robert and Norma Craig Graduate Scholarship
- Graduate Research Activity Support Award and Travel Grants (for students already in the program)
- President’s Graduate Scholars Fellowship, Graduate Equity Fellowship, the Robert and Norma Craig Graduate Scholarship and for students already in the program, the Graduate Research Activity Support Award and Travel Grants http://fresnostate.edu/academics/gradstudies/financial/funding-opportunities.html. The Graduate Net Initiative (GNI) also provides information on most of these awards and offers funding of their own http://fresnostate.edu/academics/graduatenet/students/financial-aid.html. Please note that due to the source of funding, international students may not be eligible for some of these awards; in particular, the GNI awards.
Non-resident tuition waiver units are available on a limited basis. Correspond with the Plant Science Graduate Coordinator, Dr. Sharon Benes (email@example.com) regarding tuition waivers.
Some additional scholarships are made available to graduate students through our Scholarship office. By filling out a single application you will be considered for all scholarships for which you are eligible. http://www.fresnostate.edu/studentaffairs/financialaid/scholarships/index.html. Numerous professional societies also offer small scholarships. This information is circulated via email from the Department of Plant Science.