Department of Plant Science
Research assistantships and/or hourly work are provided by individual faculty possessing research grants in specific areas—students are encouraged to contact Ph.D. faculty working in their area of interest http://www.fresnostate.edu/jcast/plantsci/faculty-staff/
Smaller scholarships are also available from:
- President’s Graduate Scholars Fellowship
- Graduate Equity Fellowship
- Robert and Norma Craig Graduate Scholarship
- Graduate Research Activity Support Award and Travel Grants (for students already in the program)
- Student Federal and Cal State Grants
- Division of Research and Graduate Studies Student Funding
*Please note that due to the source of funding, international students may not be eligible for some of these awards.
Non-resident tuition waiver units are available on a limited basis. Correspond with the Plant Science Graduate Coordinator, Dr. Sharon Benes (email@example.com) regarding tuition waivers.
Some additional scholarships are made available to graduate students through our Scholarship office. By filling out a single application you will be considered for all scholarships for which you are eligible at: https://studentaffairs.fresnostate.edu/financialaid/finaid101. Numerous professional societies also offer small scholarships. This information is circulated via email from the Department of Plant Science.