Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

The Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology

Rolston St. HilaireDean's Message

I am thrilled to present the latest edition of the Jordan College Newsletter.

We have had a few notable achievements over the past few months. Notably, our inaugural Open House drew an impressive attendance of around 200 individuals, marking it as a resounding success and prompting us to plan for another event next year.

The expansion of our administrative team is ongoing, highlighted by the recent addition of an associate dean and a new farm manager this month. The completion of a new commodity barn on the farm, coupled with state funding support, underscores our commitment to enhancing our agricultural facilities.

In response to the growing demand for research activities, we've initiated a taskforce to assess and strengthen our research ecosystem. I am grateful for the active participation of several dedicated faculty and staff members on the taskforce.

Additionally, Fresno State has unveiled its strategic plan, and I encourage you to peruse its contents if you haven't already. And with the university’s strategic plan as a guiding document, Jordan College is developing its strategic plan. Your input will be invaluable in shaping this plan.

In the next few days, consultation days will be here. And this is a signal that the end of the semester is near. As the semester draws to a close, we reflect on yet another successful period for the college.