Number of Interns The program is accepting a maximum of 10 students.
Minimum Application Requirements
- Completed a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Completed an approved Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) verification statement and/or declaration of intent within the last 5 years.
- Earned a minimum cumulative and overall DPD of 3.0 GPA.
- Three letters of recommendation and personal statement.
- This program participates in DICAS and D&D Digital computer match. Follow careful DICAS directions, especially regarding the submission of transcripts from all graduated institutions that you have attended, whether a degree was obtained or not. This program participates in the D&D Digital computer matching program. Therefore, all applicants must submit their match choices through the D&D Digital computer matching process by the designated deadline set by D&D Digital for the matching period.
- Accepted interns must successfully complete/pass criminal background checks, immunization clearance, and fingerprinting PRIOR to beginning program.
- If English is not a primary language, student must have earned a minimum TOEFL score of either 560 (paper-based test), 241 (computer-based test) is required if native language is not English.
- Work experience, paid or volunteer in dietetics.
Effective January 1, 2024, the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) will require a minimum of a master’s degree to be eligible to take the credentialing exam to become a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN). In order to be approved for registration examination eligibility with a bachelor’s degree, an individual must meet all eligibility requirements and be submitted into CDR's Registration Eligibility Processing System (REPS) before . For more information about this requirement visit CDR's website: https://www.cdrnet.org/graduatedegree. In addition, CDR requires that individuals complete coursework and supervised practice in program(s) accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND). Graduates who successfully complete the ACEND-accredited California State University, Fresno (CSUF) Dietetic Internship program at CSUF are eligible to apply to take the CDR credentialing exam to become an RDN.