How To Apply
Dietetic Internship Application Flowchart
Deadline to be complete: February 15
|Step 1||Step 2||Step 3||Step 4|
|Submit application through DICAS online portal (https://portal.dicas.org//)||Print off and Mail Supplemental Application Materials to Dietetic Internship Director||Submit application online to D&D Digital for computer match||After appointment/match day submit graduate application online (Cal State Apply)|
Please follow these steps in order:
Application Procedure: Check for updated application procedures using the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System at: https://portal.dicas.org.
- The program is using the on-line centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org. The online application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time (CST) on February 15, 2022.
(Per DICAS guidelines, you may e-submit your application even if transcripts and/or letters of recommendation have not been received by DICAS.)
- Supplemental application materials - After submission of application through DICAS online portal AND submission of Graduate application, mail the below bulleted items to: Dietetic Internship Application Committee California State University, Fresno Department of Food Science and Nutrition 5300 N. Campus Drive, M/S FF 17 Fresno, CA 93740-8019
- Confirmation page from University Graduate application (printed email, or screenshot)
- Copy of scores from the GRE General Test (Can be an official and/or unofficial)
- Submit an application on-line to D & D Digital (for computer match)
Submit Graduate application on line (available at https://www.calstate.edu/apply). CSU application fee required.
*Please Note- It is not necessary to submit a personal statement and/or letters of recommendation when completing the Cal State Graduate application. Your personal statement and letters of recommendation will be reviewed in your DICAS application. When prompted for GRE, send official GRE transcripts to University Code: 4312, CA ST U Fresno US California. When applying please chose the option "Certificate of Advance Study-Dietetics", DO NOT choose master in nutrition from the drop down menu. There is a $70 fee to apply for admissions to the graduate program.
Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner and select “Extended Profile” from the drop-down menu. Question one states, “Please select one or more of the following degree goals.” Proceed to select “Food & Nutritional Sciences: Master of Science.” Scroll down to the bottom and click “save changes.” On the upper bar, select “Add” and type “Dietetics” into the search bar. Fresno State will be there. If this does not work for you please reach out our admissions office, they can help. Contant
*Please note that February 15, sometimes falls on a federal holiday, with no federal mail service running. A federal postmark is required to verify on-time receipt. Postmarks after February 15, will not be marked as received on time and will be disqualified.
Application Deadline Postmarked no later than February 15, 2022.
For more information on this program, please contact the Dietetic Internship Director, Erika Ireland, MPH, RD, CDE, CLC.