Center For Irrigation Technology
Who We Are
The Center for Irrigation Technology ( CIT) is an independent testing laboratory, applied research facility, and educational resource center based at California State University, Fresno. We are dedicated to advancing water management practices and irrigation technology. Our programs cover four major areas:
- Hydraulics laboratory testing
- Field research
- Analytical studies and special projects
What We Do
CIT conducts irrigation equipment testing and evaluation for both public agencies and private businesses. We also offer seminars, workshops, study tours and customized training programs for domestic and international clients. Following are some specific services we provide:
- Facilities and procedures for testing and evaluating irrigation equipment
- Independent performance and analytical data for both manufacturers and users of irrigation equipment
- Irrigation education and training for industry, government agencies and the academic community
- Technical reports, seminar proceedings and quarterly newsletter information
We have developed a state-of-the-art hydraulics laboratory for testing irrigation equipment. Our research, testing and training activities are conducted by full-time staff technicians under the leadership of the center director. University professors, staff and students also contribute to technology transfer through specialized research projects.
Our fees for projects are negotiated individually, depending on the type of service and contracting agency. We are accessible to individuals as well as to private industry and government organizations. For more information, contact CIT.