Center For Irrigation Technology
CIT celebrates four decades
In April 2020, the Center for Irrigation Technology celebrated 40 years serving the irrigation industry throughout the United States and internationally. In December 2021, CIT became a division of the restructured California Water Institute with Dr. Charles C. Hillyer named as Interim Associate Vice President. Dr. Kaomine Vang was named Interim Director of the Center for Irrigation Technology. Previous directors were Edward M. Norum, Kenneth H. Solomon, and David F. Zoldoske. Sargeant J. Green served as Interim Director.
The Center for Irrigation Technology at Fresno State:
- functions as an independent testing laboratory, applied research facility, and educational resource to both public and private sectors.
- is dedicated to advancing irrigation technology, water/energy management practices, and equipment standards.
- integrates the needs of agricultural, environmental, and urban concerns into all activities.
- conducts education programs for irrigation professionals and growers on a wide variety of topics including pump efficiency, irrigation technology and water and energy management.
- provides independent third-party testing services through laboratory and field testing.
- has product testing customers that include manufacturers from virtually every irrigated area in the world.
- is IAPMO-certified to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standards to test to EPA WaterSense labeling specifications for Spray Sprinkler Bodies, and Climate-based and Soil Moisture-based controllers.
- works closely with the Water, Energy and Technology (WET) Center to provide startups with technical assessments, one-on-one assistance, research, and product development/testing.
- manages the Advanced Pumping Efficiency Program (APEP) for Pacific Gas and Electric Company. The APEP program has been promoting energy savings through more efficient water and energy use.