Institute for Food and Agriculture
- Ph.D. Agricultural Economics (1968), Washington State University
- M.S. North Dakota State University (1957)
- B.S. North Dakota State University (1953)
- Assistant Professor to Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, California State University, Fresno. 1969 to present.
- Agricultural Economist, Packaging and Transportation Research, US Department of Agriculture, Fresno, CA. 1965-69.
- Junior Agricultural Economist, Marketing Research, Washington State University., 1962-65.
- Research Assistant, Marketing Research, Washington State University, 1960-62.
- Retail Food Marketing Specialist, North Carolina State University, 1957-60.
- Assistant County Agent, North Dakota Extension Service, 1955-56.
- U.S. Army - Company Grade Infantry Officer, 1953-55.
Consulting and Projects Conducted
Conducted numerous short-term studies for various firms and agencies. Among these are:
Feasibility Studies of:
- Establishing a frozen food plant in California
- Establishing a campground in the Sierra foothills
- Establishing a textile mill in Central California
- Marketing an automatic fencing machine
- Marketing a multi-use tiller
- Marketing a plant growth regular
- Estimated target markets for fertilizer
- Conducted a management audit of a large farm-foodprocessor
- Served as a consultant to the Governor's TaskForce on Small
- Conducted a readership profile for an agricultural-chemical
- Uruguay - evaluated the potential of exporting fruit from
Uruguay for the Minister of Agriculture, Uruguay, South America
- Honduras - represented the University in a study of potential research and marketing programs in Honduras
Professional Membership and Activities
- American Agricultural Economics Association
- Western Agricultural Economics Association
- American Marketing Association
- 1990 and 1985 Meritorious Performance and Promise Award, California State University, Fresno
- 1975 Salgo Noren Outstanding Teacher Award, School of Agricultural Sciences and Technology, CSU Fresno
- 1973 Award for Outstanding Teaching and Counseling, CSU Fresno Outstanding Educator of America
- 1972 Outstanding Educator of America
- Authored numerous articles and bulletins about food distribution and agricultural marketing.