Institute for Food and Agriculture
Advanced Olive Milling Seminar
Next workshop coming Fall 2020!
Thank you to our sponsors
Maroon Group, LLC
Gusmer Enterprises, Inc.
Califonia Olive Ranch
February 6-7th, 2020 at Fresno State
The Institute for Food and Agriculture at Fresno State hosted a two-day seminar for olive millers at the Jordan Agricultural Research Center. This advanced program brought together olive millers from across California to explore challenges, exchange ideas and share best practices.
Who Should Attend:
Millers, mill technicians, and olive oil production managers of all levels are encouraged to attend. At least one season of milling experience is recommended.
What is the program?
Peer-led sessions, panels, presentation and group discussions including:
- Fruit care & harvest management
- Emerging technologies in oil production
- Milling effects on flavor profiles & defect development
- Variety-specific challenges in California
- Mill cleaning & maintenance
- Tastings & sensory evaluation
- The future of olive oil production
Fresno State Invests in Olive Oil Education
- The Jordan College of Agriculture is seeking industry partnerships to fund ongoing olive milling education. Fresno State is investing in educational programs to address the growing needs of the California olive oil industry including a skilled labor pipeline, advanced technical training and applied research. The proceeds of this event will be used to educate and engage students in the production of olive oil.
For more information, contact:
Morgan Henson: firstname.lastname@example.org