Fresno State Pride Points
- Viticulture and Enology: California State University, Fresno has the first licensed and bonded commercial winery on a university campus in the United States. Fresno State wines have won 120 awards, including 47 "super awards" (i.e. Best of Class, Best of Region, etc.) Facilities include: 50,000 gallon commercial winery, 160 acre vineyard, raisin processing plant, and the Viticulture and Enology Research Center. The Viticulture and Enology program conducts educational programs for the grape and wine industry.
- United States Department of Food and Agriculture Sciences Excellence in Teaching Award recipients: Dr. Jackson – Consumer Sciences and Dr. Thomas – Pre Veterinary
- The only Nationally Accredited Agriculture Education program in California.
- The only Food Science Sensory Laboratory in Central California.
- Meats Laboratory: California State University, Fresno’s Meat Science students won the “Hold the Mustard” award at the National Meat Association’s Annual Gourmet Sausagefest in 2001, for their Bulldog Pepperjack Sausage entry. They were the first university to win the commercial competition.
- Farm Laboratory: 1,083 acres on campus. The Range: 4,500 acres in the Sierra Foothills. Leased: additional 1,000 acres at Millerton Lake.
- Dairy Science: Has hosted the top producing university Jersey Herd in the U.S.
- Rodeo Team: The Bulldoggers, a 54 year tradition.
- Livestock Judging Team: Won the 2002, NACTA National Judging Contest.
- Plant Science: Pesticide Control Advisor program
- California Agricultural Technology Institute: consists of the Center for Agriculture Business, the Viticulture and Enology Research Center, the Center for Irrigation Technology and the Center for Food Science.
- Consumer Family Sciences: Child Development Practitioner’s Program for working professionals.
- Equine Program: The only program in California offering a complete spectrum of Equine Experiences, including the only NCAA Division 1 Equestrian Team West of the Rockies.
- Ag One: Celebrating 24 years of supporting education. To date, has awarded 2,300 students with $1.3 million dollars in scholarships. 2003-2004: provided $170,000 in scholarships to College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology (CAST) students.
- Agricultural Ambassador Leadership Team: 2 units of college credit.
- Industrial Technology: The only state approved Technology Education Teacher Preparation program in Central and Northern California. Project based, hands-on technology management program. We train technology managers.
- Located in the #1 Agricultural Region in the World! 9/04/03